Audio Version - 4 mins!
Hi there FOZA Fans!
Just taking a moment to tell you what FOZA is all excited about in the next few months and how we look forward to working with our members, volunteers, and advocates!
As you know, FOZA has a focus on three primary zones:
1. To bring awareness to postpartum depression
2. To bring awareness to maternal suicides
3. To support the children who are left behind
For the past year, our focus has been on the first two, and while we are still working on those areas, for the remainder of this year we will put even more effort into supporting the children who are left behind by building our Scholarship fund. It is our goal to provide scholarship funds to at least one 2023 college/trade school bound student who has lost a parent due to an MMH issue.
You may ask: “What can I Do to Help?”
I’m so glad you asked! The answer is: Share the vision! We are counting on your help to spread the word through online communities and electronic communication. You can do whatever your time allows you to do!
We know you want to do something valuable for the community and we don’t want you to underestimate the power of a few moments you can use to share information that could help support bringing more awareness to maternal mental health.
15-30 minutes a week could very easily connect FOZA with a new resource, a new podcast guest or a new donor, or a new sponsor. Because the more people we communicate with, the closer we come to achieving our goal…bringing awareness.
At the same time, you’ll get known in your circles as an advocate for maternal mental health wellness.
Now that you know some of the benefits for FOZA as well as for yourself or your business, you may say: “Yes, but what can I do SPEICIFCALLY” in just a few moments to really make a difference?”
Again…glad you asked. Here are just 5 quick ways to start today….
1. Be consistent, select the times that you will have available to be online for Sharing FOZA info. Mark your calendar! We know that “life happens” and calendar reminders can be a blessing. Even if you can only hop on I day a month, be consistent.
2. Decide which platforms you will share on. Bookmark FOZA’s page all of the platforms we use are there. If you only use a couple, that’s fine, just do what works best for you! If you get comments or questions, just refer them to the FOZA site…or email: admin@FOZAInc.org and we’ll do the follow-up 100%
3. Your efforts can even more productive by using hashtags, tagging and retweeting. If you don’t feel certain about some of the terms and technology, just reach out to support@FOZAInc.org for a quick, virtual online “How-to” Q&A.
4. Follow the platform guidelines. FOZA strives to create content that is appropriate for all audiences and all platforms. There is no need for our volunteers to create content, however, each app, group and individual should be respected and what ever rules apply should be followed.
5. Have fun and be grateful! It’s exciting to know that you are an important part of a life changing mission. This is one job where you decide where to place your energy and time. We’ll provide you with documentation to build onto your resume. You’ll bring awareness to the community, and you’ll help create scholarship support for the children left behind.
Go to the FOZA Website to get started.
Tap the link to any social media app and share, follow, Retweet with the
the hashtag: #FOZA4PPDAwaernes
Remember…we love to answer questions so bring em’ on…keep the vision in front of you and we’ll all succeed.